Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Chocolate Temptations - Vanilla Ice Cream and Korova Cookie Sandwich



I must confess that I have been abandoning my baking and cooking recently but hopefully now I have revved up my mixer, that good old feeling is here to stay again. It's also good that I am getting back into the hang of baking again as Christmas is round the corner hence cookie gifts are definitely on this year's list.

Recently, I was looking for a chocolately cookie to add into my usual Christmas gift list and stumbled upon a post by
Greedy Goose about her discovery on these cookies. Since I had yet to try any recipes from Paris Sweets by Dorie Greenspan, I thought it was apt to bestow the honour of the first test recipe from the book to these cookies. Incidentally, if you need a new cookbook to add to your bookshelves, do get this great book as it's filled with beautiful recipes, whimsical illustrations instead of glossy photos and wonderful stories from Dorie Greenspan about Paris.

A quick blog search also indicated that this little cookie has been getting quite a lot of exposure in the blogosphere after
Dessert First featured it. She's even got Dorie Greenspan's attention and received an email from her. It's also been renamed the World Peace Cookie which is so appropriate as I reckon you get a lot of peace and joy from eating this.

I really love the simplicity of this recipe, the only hard part of course is chopping the chocolate finely as I wanted to use my favourite bittersweet chocolate. If you want to skip that tedious task, use mini chocolate chips but the texture and taste will definitely differ since the chocolate chips in the bake shops are usually made from low grade chocolate. Another thing I didn't have was the fleur de sel hence I had to omit this. Although I added some normal salt in my cookie dough, you couldn't really taste it. Once baked, these cookies are extremely addictive, you take one and never can seem to stop. Splashie Boy reckons they are best eaten with vanilla ice cream sandwiched in between two cookies. I suspect it's just a ploy by him to eat two cookies at one go.

Do give it a try (Dessert First has kindly typed out the recipe in her link) and spread a little peace and joy with it by sharing this with your loved ones.

Tagged with:
+

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow boo...... so nice and yummy!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ah, you tempt us with yet another delicious photo of a dessert...
*tummy growls*

Looks good!
:)

Babe_KL said...

seems really yummy. thanks for spreading some peace to us

Unknown said...

it looks tempting! the name is very appropriate

Anonymous said...

Definitely one of my favourite recipes. I liek it as is or with ice cream and sometimes serve it as dessert (for my dinenr parties) with strawberries and chocolate sauce ;-)
A tip but I am sure you know already - salt enhances the flavour of chocolate esp bitter sweet chocolate so add some everytime you cook with chocolate - for this recipe since it calls for 1/2 tsp of fleur de sel - trust me once you sue it you can't go back to normal salt - use a bit more say 1 teaspoon - it makes a lot of difference.

boo_licious said...

meiyen - try it, very simple recipe.

J - I forgot the chocoholic in you will not be able to resist!

babe - do try it. Best part is leave in fridge and then bake when you have the time.

kampungboycitygal - hiya! hope uni life is ok with you.

valisa - yeah, I want to get some fleur de sel. Need to fork out quite a bit of $$$ for it as it's quite pricey here.

jackson - yeah, it's a classic combo but so yummy.

Anonymous said...

whoa, u must be spending a lot on food....

boo_licious said...

andrew steward - not really, most are street food. What's expensive is chocolate for this cookie though!

Unknown said...

wow it look and sounds yummy, i must make it for my family and friends and im sure they will defo like it....for all food lovers you should defo visit Taj Palace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...